Pages

Saturday, April 01, 2006

"Psycho Santa" review


Psycho Santa (2003)

Directed by Peter Keir
Writing credits Peter Keir

Krystal Stevenson .... Alice
Jason Barnes .... Santa
Jeff Samford .... Ron
Eric Spudic .... Josh

I was sent this video screener. "Psycho Santa" sounded like the kind of B-movie mayhem that my brother would like. So I bundled it up and headed to Florida so that I could share the love with him. It was two days before Christmas when I saw this one. This Santa landed at the Jolly St. Nick of time. We got some beers out of the fridge and kicked back on the comfy couch. It was Psycho time.

Now, I'm not going to tell you that this was a good movie. The reason I'm not going to tell you that is because it isn't. "Psycho Santa" has many problems. I can pinpoint where it lost me in the first twenty minutes. The first scene has two women relaxing at a house. One girl has large breasts while the other one looked a little rough around the edges. One of these ladies takes a long shower. Can you guess which one got wet? It wasn't the one I wanted that's for sure. After that mistake in B-movie shower judgment, "Psycho Santa" slipped away from me.

"Psycho Santa" is filmed in flashback mode. Basically a bunch of random scenes were filmed and the main narrator tries to connect them all with the story of a nutbag in a Santa suit. This flick barely holds together.

So I'm sad to report that "Psycho Santa" didn't hold my interest. It's a good idea, (I like killer Santa flicks), that's undone by an ultra low budget and near incoherence. The mistake in the shower scene also stings. See "Terror Toons" for another colossal T&A mistake. Actually, don't do that. I wouldn't wish that movie on anyone.

SCORE: 1 out of 4 psycho shower disasters

No comments: