Pages

Saturday, September 09, 2006

"Slumber Party Massacre III" review

Slumber Party Massacre III (1990)

Directed by Sally Mattison
Writing credits Catherine Cyran

Yan Birch.... Weirdo
Brandi Burkett.... Diane
Hope Marie Carlton.... Janine
Keely Christian.... Jackie Cassidy
Maria Claire.... Susie
Maria Ford.... Maria

I rented this one the other day so I could teach my cousin the joys of B-movies. He was ignorant of their wild ways. My brother and I sat him down and showed him what true cinema is all about. We saw this back to back with "Drainiac". If that doesn't change your outlook on movies, nothing will. Unfortunately, I don't think we made a B-movie believer out of him. Oh well. At least we tried.

"Slumber Party Massacre III" is about a slumber party massacre. Is the third massacre the charm? I thought so. Girls run around in their underwear as a guy with a big drill goes to work. The killer in this one has "performance problems", if you know what I mean. His phallic power drill is the only tool he's got for the ladies. This slumber party will pay dearly for his inadequacy.

For slasher movie fans, "Slumber Party Massacre III" is worth a look. The acting is terrible, the gore is cheap and all of the other clichés you would associate with these flicks are present. But so what? There are women running around in their underwear from a madman! If that's not true cinema, then I don't know what is. If only my cousin could have realized its genius. I think he may need another double header to set his mind on the right path to B-movie enlightenment.

SCORE: 2 out of 4 big drills ready to party

No comments: